Pages

March 15, 2007

More Than A Feeling



When I was a kid I always assumed the rock group Boston were super cool because my ultra-hip brother had their albums in his collection. My brother was a music fanatic and I knew that anything he thought was "cool" should be liked by me as well. So, I was surprised years later to hear that Boston was critically panned when they first came out. I don't know a lot about Boston but many of their songs are my favorite from that time period and hearing them always makes me nostalgic. So I was very sad to learn that Brad Delp, Boston's lead singer, recently killed himself. Very sad, indeed.

2 comments:

Jay Larsen said...

This was very sad news.
Boston always seemed to be looked down on by the music industry, but they were very popular with regular people.
Brad had an 8-track recorder in a home studio in his garage. The band recorded that first album on that machine in Brad's garage. All the studio did was remaster it and sell it.
Boston never recorded anything as good in the big studios.
I loved that album.

Oh, and I have never been described as "ulta-hip" by anyone before.

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

I love that song "More than a Feeling"

I listen to it all the time.