Pages

March 20, 2007

Premonition


Who could hate Premonition??? It's 2 hours of serious-inoffensive-silliness. It's one of those insane thrillers that make no sense whatsoever but somehow keeps you involved the whole way through. I don't even think I liked the film but I really enjoyed watching it. I wasn't bored or annoyed and truthfully, I have always liked Sandra Bullock. I think she's an extremely gifted actress in terms of realism and honesty. I never cringe at her delivery only the lines she's delivering and that's the greatness and sadness of Bullock. She is so good at selling material but 80% of the time the material she's selling is weak. And I always feel that she's acting as a producer. She goes out of her way to make all the lines work and make sense but she's never transported me or stirred me or disturbed me the way say, Judi Dench does. Even in lite films like the Bond series I feel that Dench is exploring something deeper than the material but with Bullock I always feel like she's doing her job and doing it very well but she needs better material, better directors, more challenging co-stars and she needs to stop worrying about the box office; she's made plenty of money, already. She's a smart actress and a smart businesswoman but those two hats she wears prevent her from doing either one exquisitely. That's my two cents on Bullock.
To see a list of the mostly mediocre films Bullock has been involved with, click here.

No comments: