Pages

September 25, 2006

Jackass is EVERYTHING!


Jackass is the single most important piece of art/entertainment I have seen this year. No other piece of art/entertainment has involved me so completely from beggining to end. I think most artists, wether they admit it or not, want their audiences to REACT and so much art illicits little more than boredom, channel surfing or leaving at intermission. Boredom is often the rule and not the exception. Often times I'll leave a movie or a play because I'm simply not engaged. Forget wether it's good or not. I'm not looking for "good" I'm looking to be involved.

Today at Jackass, I howled, squirmed, gasped, got scared, was nervous, was shocked...I talked out loud: "Oh no!" "Oh my God!" "Noooo!" And I did all this NON-STOP for the ENTIRE movie. And the audience around me did, too. I wish I could write an eloquent essay about Jackass and it's exploration of every topic we are grappling with today in America.

I saw it twice this weekend and I'm sure I'll be seeing many more times in the coming weeks. Go see it! See it today!

4 comments:

carolyn said...

ugh, David wants to see this too! Borat is much better... just wait!!

Anonymous said...

I tried with Jackass I and was far too squirmy to finish.

Anonymous said...

What's unusual about this JACKASS is how much the guys seemed hurt by the stunts.

They usually laugh it all off, but this time they often get pissed, confront each other, tear up or get depressed. It was a little more disturbing because they clearly weren't enjoying everything.

I still had a blast though. With the musclemen thrusting dildoes up guys' asses, the beer enemas and the cameos by John Waters and Rip Taylor, it's easily the Gayest JACKASS Ever.

I noticed it got good reviews overall, surpassing FLY BOYS and ALL THE KING'S MEN by far ...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jackass_number_2/

Anonymous said...

Uh, no.

I wouldn't do Wee-Man.

Crack me open a can of Bam Margera though .... mmm!