Pages

January 10, 2007

The Good Shepherd


I love movies that are smarter than me! While watching this movie I constantly felt that all the men on ther screen were all smarter than I could ever hope to be. I rarely feel that way while watching movies, and not because I'm a rocket scientist, cause Lord knows I ain't, but so many movies are populated by horribly dumb people who do really dumb things. I love the Wizard of Oz but I wouldn't say the characters are intelligent, would you?

So my point is, it's nice to see a film populated with characters who graduated high school unlike, say, Saw 3.

I also think Matt Damon is an actor of great integrity. I love the Bourne movies (very intelligent characters), The Departed (some intelligent characters), loved The Talented Mr. Ripley. I guess it's time for me to see Good Will Hunting.

I don't think The Good Shepherd is turning into a box-office hit so I highly reccomend you see it before it leaves the big screen. It's not a good movie for home viewing if you multi-task at home while watching DVDs. It requires you to concentrate. At least it required me to concentrate, but you're probably smarter than me! In fact, the friends I have who read this blog (Jay, Carolyn, Joseph, Peebles, Thom, Caryn, Donna...are truly much smarter than me. I'm not being humble, truly, I just realized, all my friends are much smarter than me! I think that shows wisdom on my part, don't ya think?

Anyway, go see The Good Shepherd.

And for a interesting discussion about homosexuality in The Good Shepherd, click here.

No comments: