Pages

August 01, 2006

I don't get it!


People wait in this line everday to have a hot dog at Pinks in Los Angeles. The line often wraps around the building. This phenomenon is a total mystery to me. I'll take a hot dog from 7-11 anyday over the lines at Pinks.

I actually think that people in LA go there because its an institution and not because the hot dogs are that good. Last time I went there and sat outside I was attacked by flies and I sat next to that guy from Saturday Night Live who played the Bryan Fellows character, I think his name is Tracy Morgan.

New York has The Statue of Liberty, London has Big Ben and LA has Pinks Hot Dog Stand. It's sort of sad, don't you think? A hot dog stand is the only think that brings the people of LA together for a daily communal experience that doesn't involve cars. The only reason I went there was because it's across the street from Jiffy Lube but since I no longer use Jiffy Lube, I may never have another Pinks hot dog. Am I sad? Not one bit.


UPDATE: My friend Carolyn Anhalt suggested I cook my own hot dogs and directed me to this pic. Carolyn is always one step ahead of the rest of the world! I love you, Carolyn. Let's make a movie!

3 comments:

carolyn said...

just cook your own weenies!
http://brandon.fuller.name/photos/news/Hot_Dog_Cooker.jpg

Anonymous said...

Me and my friend passed by Pinks hot dog stand 2 weeks ago when we were down there and there was no line and we had no idea it was like this big thing in L.A. until someone pointed it out to us.

Anonymous said...

Also, that disgusts me and makes me hungry at the same time.
M.G.