Pages

December 05, 2005

Oliver Stone Touched Me...


... While I Slept!



Oliver Stone was my alarm clock this morning. It's 7 am in the Village in NYC and I keep hearing someone yelling, "rooooolllling." "Action!" They are filming a movie about 9/11 and I'm trying to sleep. I look out the window and there are literally a hundred people milling around. They are filming a car driving a block. They film this for over two hours.

Rolling, action, The car drives a block. Cut Repeat. Over and over. I will never understand big-budget movie-making. Why does it take a hundred people to film a car driving down the block? I simply do not understand!

Michael Clarke Duncan was playing the doorman of my building. I didn't see him but my real doorman said they actually filmed a scene in my lobby.

By the time I had officially woken up for the day the production was already evaporating but the memories of it will haunt my building for ever.

"They shot that movie in this building!"

"I saw Oliver Stone filming right here on the sidewalk."

There is nothing more boring than watching a movie being filmed except maybe watching golf, but it's a story I will probably end up repeating for the rest of my life.

Once upon a time, on a cold November day in New York City, Oliver Stone woke me up with words, "roooolllling!" It was 7 am, I was fast asleep and...

No comments: