Pages

December 05, 2005

North By Northwest



The plot: An advertising executive is mistaken for a spy and is pursued across the country while he looks for a way to survive. (plot description taken from IMDB.com)
______________________

It took me two months to watch this movie. I had it from Netflix for two fucking months. I'd pop it in, get distracted, turn it off, etc.

Finally, I turned off my phone, put away my computer and watched it from begininng to end and loved every minute of it.

It's a great ride. The shoot-out chase sequence on the face of Mount Rushmore had me clapping in my own living room.

I don't know why it took me 36 years to see this movie!

In the last scene, Cary Grant begins to make love to Eva Marie Saint as Hitchcock cuts to a shot of a big train entering a tight tunnel! Hot!

I also believe this was the first movie I have ever seen Cary Grant in. Is that possible?

Anyway...watch this movie, it's frigging awesome!

No comments: