Pages

December 12, 2005

Brokeback Mountain


It's 7 am. Six hours ago I left the theater where I saw Brokeback Mountain and I can't shake the devastation I feel for Ennis del Mar (Heath Ledger). I am so fucking sad. I want to discuss the movie and tell you what I liked and what I loved and what I thought of the script and the direction, but all I can think about is the sad, lonely, conflicted face of Ennis del Mar.

I won't even tell you how great I thought Heath Ledger was because i didn't see him tonight. I only saw Ennis del Mar.

Jake Gyllenhaal was wonderful in the role of Jack Twist, but I am haunted by the sad, loving and angry life of Ennis del Mar.

I need to see this movie again before I can really put my thoughts together.

Also, I don't think you should know too much about the movie before you see it. And you should see it. Soon.

No comments: