Pages

December 12, 2005

My Cheating Heart



Maybe because I was raised Mormon I struggle with polygamy. I simply can not be faithful to one, It's not in me.

I love you New York and I love you L.A. and I love you both equally but I simply can not commit to just one of you. I'm sorry, I know I'm a flake but you're both so amazing yet so different and I need you both.

Nothing compares to the glorious weather of West Hollywood. Never too hot, never too cold, just perfect. West Hollywoood weather is an addiction for me that I canot explain to anyone who has never experienced it. I am simply never uncomfortable in L.A. But that's the problem

L.A. you seduce me, you comfort me but you don't challenge me. You don't disturb me. In my car with my air freshener I am deprived of those delicious and disgusting smells that only New York can offer.

New Yok I hate your weather. I put on a t-shirt and it gets cold so I put on a jacket and then I'm hot. The coldest night of my life was watching your balls drop on New years Eve. I will never forget the cold of that night but I will also never forget the excitement.

L.A., we have never spent an exciting New Years Eve together, a least not one that I remember. On the other hand you've never given me frostbite, but you do give me valet parking and New York will never give me that. The joy of pulling up to the Grove to see a movie and having my car parked for me is a pleasure I can not live without but it's not enough to keep me in L.A. year round.

So, I have decided to continue seeing you both. I hope you understand.

I simply love you both and can not choose so please don't make me. I will however promise you both that I will no longer have affairs with other cities like Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta or Boston. Those affairs were interesting but I'm done playing the field. If I'm not in New York I'll be in L.A. and if I'm not in L.A. I'll be in New York and I hope you both will keep me until death do us part. I'm a two-city boy now. Period. Let the future begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have been attempting to contact you.

I am seeking permission to use your Piece on Mcdonalds for a College project.

The work is great!

Would you please grant me permission?

Could you also provide a format that would work with Microsoft Power Point?

Sincrerely,
Scott Erickson
saericksonfl@aol.com