Pages

October 14, 2007

Cats and Coons


This is the sad story of an angry and damaged cat. I've been feeding it for a year and half and it treats me like shit. Reminds me of some actors I worked with, but I digress. It comes by every night for dinner but will it let me touch it? No! It hisses at me if I get too close. Sometimes it hisses at me as way of reminding me it's dinner time. So rude. I keep thinking that one day the cat will let me in but if it hasn't happened after 18 months, I doubt it will. And now the other stray cats come over for dinner and they are all super friendly and they even come in the house but the sad bitchy cat still doesn't trust me. Sometime the cats hiss at each other over who has the right to eat the cat food I put out.

And recently there are a few slugs that must be able to smell the cat food cause after I put it out they start slithering up the wall to the porch and they crawl right into the cat food bowl.

It's craziness!

And now we've added a cat-food-loving raccoon to the mix. Did you know raccoons eat with their hands. Anyway, the raccoon reaches right into the bowl and scoops up the cat food.


And last night one of the cats chased the raccoon back into the bushes.

The raccoon is only slightly afraid of me. I want to befriend the raccoon but I know that's a fools errand. I was telling my big-city-friend Joseph about it and he says, "Raccoons? Aren't those the ones with big black eyes? I only know that because models aren't supposed to have raccoon eyes!" You big city folk crack my country ass up!

So below is a list of all the animals I've encountered since moving to my neighborhood in Oceanside.

Cats
Dogs
Raccoons
Sparrows
Crows
Hummingbirds
Dolphins
Squirrels
Sea Lions
Seals
Fish
Jellyfish
Pelicans
Seagulls
Fish
Spiders
Flies
Dragonflies
Cockroaches
Moths
Slugs
Possums

I'm sure there are more but I've forgotten. I always wanted to live on a farm and I think I may have gotten my wish.

2 comments:

Cheryl C said...

you forgot one animal on your list:

The US Marine.

>:o)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when you give an inch, they'll take a mile ...