Pages

July 05, 2010

Thank you, Israel Hicks

Ronnie Larsen
Wow. This is very sad. I found out last night and have been thinking about it all day. This man changed my entire life by accepting me in to an acting school where he was Dean. I did Malvolio from 12th Night for him and afterwords he told me not take any more offers from other schools even though they had lots more people to audition.... It was a huge moment in my life. I had limited dealings with him after that but I really liked him and had he not invited me to Purchase NY to study I can't imagine how different my life would have been. And 6 months later I was cut from the program...lol...which allowed me to move directly to NYC to study and explore and then the fun really began; I got to be a Broadway usher for 2 years and see every show on Broadway repeatedly, it was an incredible time that would not have happened had I not been booted from the program. So thank you, Israel for EVERYTHING. You were very important to so many people.

No comments: