Pages

July 30, 2010

I'm NOT boycotting Target!

I just got this via e-mail...

"Boycott Target Until They Cease Funding Anti-Gay Politics..."

Gimme a break! Boycott Target???? Target ain't the source of my problems. Target gives plenty of money to gay causes. Grow up, people. How bout boycotting the USA government that won't allow me to marry my boyfriend so he can get his green card and travel with me to meet my friends and family, rights that ALL straight people are granted. Or how 'bout the military that is STILL debating whether or not gays should be able to serve openly even though plenty of countries allow gays to serve openly and there's no problem. Spare me the "boycott Target" nonsense. The real anger should be directed at our government which still views and treats gays as second class citizens. And that's not me being a victim it's me stating the truth. Any crackwhore can meet a crackwhore and get married the same day but a loving gay couple who have been together for 50 years can not. I dare anyone to try and explain the justice in that. I'm angry at my governement, not a frigging department store. And while I'm on this topic, I just want to send a special shout-out thank you to all my "friends" who voted yes on prop 8. Thanks for the love. I'm trying to figure out how to revive my career and travel again without leaving my boyfriend alone in Mexico for long stretches. If we were straight we'd get married and he'd have his green card. Problem solved. These discriminatory laws and policy are bad for all of us. It would be so much easier to travel and visit all my Mormon relatives if they weren't working so hard to keep me unmarried. And a final note to all my friends and family that voted against gay marriage: spare me the Christmas card in the future, send equal rights instead.

No comments: