Pages

September 09, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

It's been months since I've had a haircut. Twice, since moving to Oceanside, have I driven up to LA to get my haircut but I knew it was time to find a local person. I tried one of those military chop-shops and they didn't even know how to cut civilian hair. So, today, I drove by a hole-in-wall place next to the Post Office but decided to pass and keep on driving. Just like Celine Dion, I drove all night, 4 more miles then suddenly I turned the car around and headed back to the hole-in-the-wall hair salon.


I was greeted with open arms by Carmen.


She spoke not-a-word-of-English but handed me a book, I pointed to picture of an Asian guy with nice hair and the cutting began.



In the famous opera, Carmen abandons her lover for a bullfighter. I hope that doesn't happen to me. Carmen is my new best friend.

Went home and got rid of more hair....



I feel sexy again. LOL Thank you, Carmen!

2 comments:

Cheryl C said...

regardless on how much hair you get chopped off, you'll still be sexy in our eyes. ;) Now if I can only get my otherhalf to cut his hair!!!!

Anonymous said...

looks good