Pages

December 24, 2009

Santa in Mexico: Feliz Navidad







I was given the best Christmas present EVER! My extremely generous neighbor, Cathleen McCall planned a Christmas party for an extremely poor orphanage 90 minutes south of us. I put together a makeshift Santa costume and got to hand out candy and presents to all the kids. "Feliz Navidad!" The kids were thrilled and I was grateful for the chance to do it. I had visited the orphanage oncbefore and as I drove away I said to myself, "Ronnie, don't you EVER complain about your life, ever again!" It's a hard lesson to remember but it's true. I have NOTHING to complain about.

PS My boyfriend and I spent 6 hours making mashed potatoes. Over a hundred potatoes were peeled. He's a GREAT cook and harder worker than I'll ever be. It was a great day! Thank you Cathleen! And if any of you would like to get involved they can use ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

No comments: