Pages

December 26, 2009

The Best Christmas EVER, again.

It was a great day: I revived my Santa act for a poor family here in Rosarito at 10AM then went to a very cool restarante and had quesadillas with my neighbor then I came home and answered 125 e-mails that had piled up over the last month! Lots of people wrote back and so I ended up reconnecting with lots of people via the internet yesterday. Happiness is an empty inbox.

I'm seeing Melqui at 11:30 this morning and I feel giddy with excitement. (I think that means I'm seriously in love, right?)

You know, I've never had a bad Christmas. The key, I believe, is having no expectations. Whatever happens is fine. I've been completely alone on Christmas and just gone to a movie and had a great day by myself and I've had other Christmases with my whole family and those were bliss, too. I don't care about getting presents or anything like that. So, I always enjoy Christmas. It's always good. Probably my favorite Christmas ever was the year our family agreed to do no shopping and no presents. We agreed just to be together and it was incredibly peaceful and beautiful. But I must say, that getting to play Santa at the orphanage is certainly the best Christmas gift I've ever gotten, without question. Thank you, Cathleen!

I'm really looking forward to 2010!


I love this photo from my favorite website: Failblog.org

No comments: