Pages

July 24, 2009

Sweet Dog R.I.P.

One of the toughest things about living in Mexico is the abundance of neglected dogs. They wander the streets looking lost and confused, scrounging for food. Last week I saw one who could barely walk. I pulled in to an AM/PM to get it some food and when i came out it was gone. I keep thinking about that dog. One of the saddest dogs i've ever seen. And you see lots of dead dogs on the side of the road and they stay there for days. The blonde dog in this photo was recently killed on the highway by my house. He was the sweetest most loving dog. He always had the goofiest look on his face. When I saw his dead body I wasn't even sure it was him cause his eyes were wide open and in life they were always squinty. I had to ask the locals if it was indeed the same dog and my neighbor said he wasn't sure either so he opened his mouth to check his tongue cause the dog had a spot on his tongue. Yes, it was the same dog. So sad. This will be a very hard thing to deal with while I'm in Mexico.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:'( That makes me really sad. I wonder if the rescue organization would be up to rescuing a few of those dogs from Mexico. They rescued some from Taiwan recently...