Pages

May 13, 2009

Smog Check

I almost failed my last one. Will I fail this one? The guy tells me
the cost will be 52 dollars. Then he asks what year my car is. It's a
91. Oh, sorry, he says. It will be 15 more because of a law THEY
passed! FUCK they! The gouging in this country never ends! It's part
of the reason I'm moving to Mexico for the summer. I'd rather die from
swine flu than by the million little daggers that are thrown at us
everyday in the form of new laws, new taxes, new fees and corporate
greed. My landlady raised my rent 200 dollars and the note said, "I am
blessed with great tenants but the city is raising my taxes so I am
forced to raise your rents." In the middle of the worst economic mess
in my lifetime she RAISES the rent. Rents should be lowered, not
raised! The home I'm renting in Mexico is 850 a month! And it's twice
as big as my Oceansude place! I'm excited and hopeful about Obama but
for the first time ever, I'm sick of being in America. There is no
excuse for the problems we are dealing with. No healthcare, shitty
education, crappy food on every corner, evil politicians, greedy
corporations...it's not a pretty picture.

No comments: