Pages

March 25, 2010

A Little Blogging

Finally saw Precious! Wow!  WOW! GREAT GREAT GREAT! She should have won the Oscar. Amazing performance! Monique was amazing, too. Loved the direction and the script. I had resisted it. I felt I didn't to see it after seeing the clips. But I was surprised at how surprising it was. Loved Mariah, too! Loved the whole thing. So dark. So brutal. Tough, tough, tough but inspring, too.

Finally saw Capitalism: A Love Story. Loved it, too. So great. So many shocking sequences. The part about the judge who sent kids to a for-profit-prison in exchange for kickbacks from the owners was infuriating. But there were lots of inspiring things, too; Americans fighting for justice. Everyone should see this film! Everyone should see every Michael Moore film. Thank God for Michael Moore.

My favorite escapist movie in a long time is Daybreakers. Has anyone seen this film? It's very thought-provoking and gory and stylish. Lots of fun and very intriguing.

Did we really pass Health Care??????? Really? I still don't believe it! It IS a big fucking deal!

The husband and I are doing great! 6 weeks of heaven. Had a rough patch but worked thru it and things have been great ever since. I'm amazed by his perfectionism; everything he does he does completely throroughly (washing dogs, sanding tables, cleaning the car, cooking meal, sleeping, his hair). Everything he does he does as well as can be done. It's impressive. He makes me feel utterly lazy!

3-D Alice/Avatar: 3-D is fun but I don't like feeling like I'm watching video games and both films felt that way to me. While watching a Spielberg movie I've never felt that way but both Avatar and Alice felt like video games and I don't like it. Its intriguing for sure but it leaves me cold. I LOVE Tim Burton and James Cameron but Alice and Avatar are probably my least favorite films of theirs. Next!

I'm soooo behind on movies. The Blind Side is just opening here in Mexico. Very frustrating. Melqui likes watching bootlegs online. It makes me feel dirty but EVERYTHING is online so it looks like I'll be doing more of this. So far online I've watched Precious, Capitalism and The Stepfather. Am I going to jail? I didn't download them, I just watched.

No comments: