Pages

September 01, 2008

Sam Rockwell is NO sex addict!

From IMDB.com

Rockwell Risks Scandal With Sex Addiction Research

1 September 2008 12:04 AM, PDT


Movie star Sam Rockwell risked a tabloid scandal while preparing for new movie Choke - he attended sex addiction classes.

The actor plays a sex addict in the film and wanted to make sure he wasn't simply mocking the condition that recently sent actor David Duchovny to rehab - so he studied real people who were hooked on sex.

He explains, "I went to about 10 meetings in Los Angeles. I went anonymously to most of them and tried to slip in. To be honest, I didn't really give a s**t what the tabloids would write if I was seen at these meetings. I'm not Pee Wee Herman, so nobody cares.

"I learned that sex addiction is a very serious deal. It's not anything to be laughed at. It goes from chronic masturbation to obsessive sex with prostitutes.

"We're doing a comedy but we wanted to respect the condition of the disease. I hope that we respect that in the film."

No comments: